Monday, September 15, 2014

iClever Qi Enabled Wireless Charger IC-WQ12 Wireless Charging Plate

iClever IC-WQ12 Just put it down to charge it up!

I have wanted to get into Qi charging for a while.  The thought of just setting my phone down and it charging, absolutely thrilled me.  The one thing that held me back was pricing.  I didn’t want to spend over $75 not to have to plug in my charger; I just could not justify it.  My phone the Samsung Galaxy Note III, is not Qi enabled so I found the DigiYes® Qi Standard Wireless Charger Module Receiver for ONLY $9.99 and I was in business.

I have been using the Qi charging plate for a little over 2 months now and I have not had any problems.  I use a couple of different cases on my phone and still charge without issue.  That being said, as I read some of the other reviews, they have had issues when using thicker cases.  With the Note III, I place the phone dead center and it charges every time.  The way I have my IC-WQ12 plugged in, does cause a little slower charge, but nothing to write home about.  I get a full charge in about 4 hours.

I highly recommend the iClever Qi enabled wireless charger to anyone who is looking to cut the cord.  This would have been a life saver for my mother, who suffered with arthritis and had a lot of trouble with traditional chargers.  If you are looking for a great nightstand solution, you should definitely check out the IC-WQ12 wireless charging plate.



Pros:
  • ·         Nice rubberized base, keeps phone from slipping or sliding
  • ·         Compact - The IC-WQ12 can easily fit into small everyday carry bags.
  • ·         Convenience - It is so nice not to have to plug in and out the power cord.  This should prolong the life of the connector of the phone.

Cons:
  • ·         It really needs a light that can easily be seen from around the device you place on the plate to charge.  I can’t see any light when I place my Samsung Galaxy Note III on the IC-WQ12.
  • ·         The included cables are too short for me.  I would like to plug into the wall and leave the plate on my desk, but the cord was just too short.  I used one of my USB 3.0 ports on my computer to connect the charger and it worked fine.


Just a reminder: Make sure your phone is Qi enabled or you will have to buy a Qi Receiver.  iClever makes this Note III compatible unit:  http://www.amazon.com/iClever-Super-thin-Wireless-Charging-Receiver/dp/B00N77L43K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1410808388&sr=8-4&keywords=iclever+qi or you could get the same one I used the: http://www.amazon.com/DigiYes%C2%AE-Standard-Wireless-Charger-Receiver/dp/B00GV0Q78M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410808478&sr=8-1&keywords=digiyes+note+3 that will have a review as well.

                Some Models Requiring a Wireless Charging Adapter:
- Samsung Galaxy S3 / S4, Note2 / Note3
- iPhone 4/4S, 5/5S/5C
- Nokia 925, Nokia 720
- Nokia 820



FYI:  Qi is pronounced chee and here is a link so you can read all about it:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qi_(inductive_power_standard)


No comments:

Post a Comment